How to Use a Chi Machine
How to Use a Chi Machine
The Chi Machine is easy to use, simply follow these steps for maximum benefits.
- Wait an hour after a meal before using the Chi Machine.
- Drink 4-6 oz. of water prior to using the Chi Machine.
- Wear comfortable clothes and remove your shoes – be as relaxed as possible.
- Gently stretch before using the Chi Machine.
- Place the Chi Machine on the floor or on an appropriate firm massage bed with the handle facing away from you.
- Lie down and place your ankles in the ankle cup holders. The bony
part of ankle should extend beyond and not hit the ankle cup holders.
- For added ankle comfort use the included footrest and ankle support.
Thick socks may provide extra comfort. Make sure your ankles are
- If you have weak knees, use a pillow under knees and legs for added
support. However, the knees should not bend. Try to use Chi Machine
without knee support if possible to get maximum benefit.
- Alignment is very important. Lie on your back and try to be
perfectly aligned to promote internal balance while using the Chi
Machine. Position your arms as desired (see below).
- Relax for one to two minutes before starting the machine. Blood
pressure may fluctuate from standing to lying down, resting a few
minutes helps to stabilize blood pressure.
- Set the timer for three to five minutes for first time and relax. Keep eyes closed and “tune out.”
- Breathe deep using abdominal muscles. Let the Chi Machine do the work.
- When the machine stops, enjoy the tranquil “Chi rush”! Remain
completely motionless for an additional two to three minutes, with
relaxed deep breathing. A lot of the benefit of the Chi Machine comes
during this relaxation period as your oxygen depleted internal organs
are replenished with oxygen.
- Before rising slowly stretch your back by turning your torso from side to side.
- Slowly turn to your side, and sit up.
- Drink 8-16 oz. of water when done. This will help flush out the released toxins with use of the Chi Machine.
Caution: Some dizziness may occur for first time
users. This is healthy! Oxygen is being restored to your body’s cells
that may not have received proper amounts before. The initial dizziness
will disappear with regular use and increased circulation. Use for
shorter period next time and gradually increase time as tolerated.
People with motion sickness or other serious medical problems should
start with 30 seconds to 1 minute initially. May use it several times
daily. Always check with a physician before using the Chi Machine if
health issues are a concern.
Comfort Suggestion: Use the Chi Machine in a relaxed
environment, free from distraction and loud noise. Use the “Blending
Body and Spirit” CD with Chi Machine to further help with relaxation.
To order CALL 1-800-547-1510
Hakeem Alexander HTE ID# A257722